As England slowly emerges from its third nationwide lockdown, restrictions stipulate that simply 30 mourners can attend a funeral, which suggests the guestlist has been tightly streamlined to shut household and mates solely.
Amongst these absent from the funeral will likely be British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who stated he needed to maintain an area free for a member of the family, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, who’s pregnant and unable to journey from the USA to the UK, and Prince William’s three youngsters: Prince George, who’s third in line to the throne, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
When one’s legacy is 4 youngsters, eight grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren, plus spouses, the numbers can add up fairly rapidly.
Right here’s a listing of the 30 individuals who will likely be in attendance, together with Prince Philip’s German family. Older members of their household weren’t invited to his marriage ceremony to the queen as a result of it passed off so quickly after World Struggle II, when British emotions about their latest enemy had been nonetheless uncooked.
1. Queen Elizabeth II: World’s longest-reigning monarch and spouse of Prince Philip, whom she married in 1947. The queen has typically hailed her husband’s dedication to their union of 73 years, describing him as her “energy and keep for many years.”
2. Prince Charles: Inheritor to Britain’s throne and eldest youngster of Philip and the queen. Charles married Princess Diana in 1981 and the couple had two sons — Prince William and Prince Harry. Diana was killed in a automotive crash in 1997, one yr after her marriage to Charles was dissolved.
3. Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall: Second spouse of Prince Charles, whom she first met in 1970. Member of the royal household for the reason that pair married in 2005.
4. Prince William, Duke of Cambridge: Eldest son of Princess Diana and Prince Charles, second in line of succession to the British throne and grandson of Philip. William married Catherine, extensively generally known as Kate, in 2011. The 2 have three youngsters collectively.
5. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge: Spouse of William and possibly Britain’s future queen consort. Mom to Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis. The duchess is commonly seen finishing up royal engagements and has a ardour for images.
6. Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex: Second son of Prince Charles and Princess Diana and grandson of the queen and Philip. Harry stepped again from life as a senior royal in 2020 and resides in California together with his spouse, Meghan, who’s pregnant, and their son Archie.
7. Prince Andrew, Duke of York: Second son of the queen and Philip. He give up public duties in 2019 after a disastrous interview about his friendship with convicted intercourse offender Jeffrey Epstein.
8. Princess Beatrice: Daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah, Duchess of York and granddaughter to the queen and Philip. “Dearest Grandpa, All of us miss you,” she wrote in a latest Instagram tribute.
9. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi: Husband of Princess Beatrice since July 2020 and Italian actual property specialist.
10. Princess Eugenie: Youthful daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah, Duchess of York and granddaughter of the queen and Philip. Mom to August Philip Brooksbank, who was born in February.
11. Jack Brooksbank: Husband of Princess Eugenie since 2018 and a drinks government for a tequila firm.
12. Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex: Son of the queen and Philip, who paid tribute to the duke because the household’s “rock” all through his life. Edward works carefully with different senior royals, finishing up engagements and charity work.
13. Sophie, Countess of Wessex: Married Prince Edward in 1999. The pair have two youngsters.
14. Woman Louise Windsor: Eldest youngster of Prince Edward and Sophie. It’s believed Louise’s dad and mom opted to not give her a Princess title within the hope she might lead a extra regular life away from the highlight and curiosity of the British tabloids.
15. James, Viscount Severn: Born in 2007, James is the youngest youngster of Prince Edward and Sophie and youngest grandchild of the queen and Philip.
16. Anne, Princess Royal: Solely daughter of the queen and Philip. She led tributes to her father in latest days, calling him a “trainer, supporter and critic.”
17. Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence: Second husband of Princess Anne, whom he wed in 1992. He’s anticipated to stroll behind the duke’s coffin alongside different senior royals.
18. Peter Phillips: Son of Princess Anne and her first husband, Mark Phillips. Peter has two daughters, Savannah and Isla. He has cut up from his spouse, Autumn Phillips.
19. Zara Tindall: Solely daughter of Princess Anne and Mark Phillips. She is an Olympian who married former rugby star Mike Tindall in 2011.
20. Mike Tindall: Husband of Zara and former English rugby participant. Father to Mia Grace, Lena Elizabeth and Lucas Philip, who was born final month.
21. David Armstrong-Jones, Earl of Snowdon: Son of Princess Margaret, who was the queen’s sister. She died in 2002. He’s the nephew of the queen.
22. Woman Sarah Chatto: Daughter of Princess Margaret and solely niece of the queen, with whom she reportedly has a detailed relationship. Sarah was considered one of Princess Diana’s 5 bridesmaids in 1981.
23. Daniel Chatto: Husband to Sarah, whom he married in 1994. The couple, lesser recognized to the general public than a few of their family, have two sons collectively.
24. Richard, Duke of Gloucester: The duke is the queen’s first cousin and a full-time working member of the British royal household. He’s related to 150 charities and is patron of many organizations.
25. Edward, Duke of Kent: The duke is one other of the queen’s first cousins and lives within the royal residence at Kensington Palace. Just like the duke of Gloucester, he’s concerned with greater than 100 charities.
26. Princess Alexandra: Cousin of the queen and dealing member of the royal household. The princess was one of many queen’s bridesmaids when she married Philip in 1947.
27. Bernhard, Hereditary Prince of Baden: The 50-year-old great-nephew of Prince Philip. His grandmother, Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark, was the duke’s sister; she didn’t attend the duke’s marriage ceremony to the queen as a result of her husband served as a German officer in World Struggle II.
28. Prince Donatus, Landgrave of Hesse: A relative of the British royal household by way of his descent from Queen Victoria. He’s the top of the German Home of Hesse, which two of Philip’s sisters married into.
29. Prince Philipp of Hohenlohe-Langenburg: Nice-nephew of Philip, who stated it was an “unimaginable honor” to be invited to the duke’s funeral. In line with the BBC, Philip typically visited his great-nephew at Langenburg Citadel in Germany.
30. Penelope Knatchbull, Countess Mountbatten of Burma: Shut good friend of the queen and Philip. Philip reportedly taught Penelope to drive carriages and he or she has attended numerous royal occasions since. In 1979, she married Prince Charles’s cousin.